WORKSAFEBC GUIDELINES & COVID-19 UPDATES
Please see below for the link to our WorkSafeBC Guidelines for our facility.
Salmar Cinemas Guidelines for COVID-19 Safety Measures
Physical Distancing Measures
- There will be a greeter at the entrance door to greet each patron to make sure that they are not experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19. If they are they will be asked to leave and to come back when they are symptom free
- Patrons will be asked to keep a distance of two meters apart when in our concession line. Markers will be placed on the floor to aid customers with distancing themselves. They will be filtered into one of two lines to pay for their tickets/food items. This will be done by using stanchions to keep them separated.
- Payment for movies will be encouraged to be done online. If they can’t pay online they can pay for their ticket at the theatre. We will also encourage patrons to use debit/credit with the tap option in order to pay for their items at the till. Sneeze guards will separate staff and patrons. There will be a hand sanitizer pump at each till so customers can sanitize their hands after their transaction has been completed.
- Once customers have made their purchases they will be directed to the ticket taker who will advise them as to what auditorium they are to enter. Customers will be required to enter on the right side of the auditorium to get to their seats. An usher will be in the auditorium to guide them to their seats and let them know how to properly social distance themselves during the movie. During the movie, the patrons will be able to use either side of the auditorium in order to go to use the washroom or the concession. Once the movie is over, the patrons will be asked to leave the left side of the auditorium should they be exiting via the rear lobby. Patrons will have the option to use the fire exit inside the auditorium should they choose to. If exiting the auditorium into the lobby area, they will be directed to use the rear doors so as to not cross paths with those in the concession area.
- For seating, we will be using every other row and a minimum of 2 seats between groups in order to maintain social distancing.
- Our concessionaires jobs will not have any crossover tasks. There will be a person assigned to run the tills, another to make the popcorn and another to do the beverages. All staff will be required to wear non medical masks until further notice. There will be sneeze guards in place to separate the people operating the tills and the patrons.
- Show times will be staggered in order to reduce the amount of people coming into the theatre. This will also allow patrons to leave at different times to reduce the amount of people exiting the theatre.
- Thoroughly clean and/or disinfect all high touch surfaces in the auditoriums between screenings. We will run a matinee and an early show only, this will allow enough time to properly clean each auditorium.
- Concessions will be thoroughly cleaned between showings
- Washrooms will be inspected and cleaned hourly.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to all staff and patrons at as many locations as possible
- Staff will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer every 30 mins.
- Hand washing signs will be posted at all sinks to educate on how to properly wash hands.
- Staff will be educated on our guidelines and will be expected to follow them. Should staff not follow the guidelines provided by Salmar Cinemas, they will be sent home and will not be able to return until they are retrained and will commit to executing the guidelines that have been put into place.
- Staff will be required to stay home if they are displaying symptoms or are not feeling well
- Employees will be required to check in at the start of every shift to make sure they are symptom free
- Employees will be expected to social distance themselves, and all staff will be required to wear masks
- Employees will be required to report if they have been in contact with someone with COVID-19
- Employees will not have any jobs that cross over in order to eliminate touch transmission
COVID-19: Sponsorships & Grants (May 5, 2020)
Due to Covid19, the Salmar Association Grants Committee is unable to entertain any Sponsorship or Grant requests for the indefinite future. We will honour all Grants and Scholarships that were awarded prior to April 2020 provided your event takes place, however no further giving will be considered until we are up and running at full or near full operations. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe, keep calm and do your part – the Theatres miss you all!